Friday, October 5, 2012

Dear Praying Friends,
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in prayer on our behalf.  God is answering!  Today I spoke with a man from the Australian immigration office in Washington DC.  He answered many of my questions that our lawyer could not answer.
First was the fact that I was allowed to communicate with them.  The lawyer's office told me that I was not to communicate with the immigration office because I had hired a lawyer to represent me.  Also, they told me that I would anger the immigration workers and that would cause a slow down on my application.  I was told that none of that was true, and I can check in any time on my application.
Second, I was told by the lawyer's office that they did not and could not know how long it would take for the visa application to go through.  The gentleman I spoke with said that the visa I applied for was taking between 5 to 8 months to be processed.  Our application was lodged on July 5 or 6 of this year, so we could have our visa by Christmas time at the earliest.
This is such great news!  Now we at least know what is going on.  I did not know what to believe with our lawyers and now I know that our application has been applied for and it is being processed.  The next thing that the gentleman at the office asked was if I wanted to "cut out the middle man" and I emphatically said YES.  He will be communicating with me early next week with more details of our application.
Please pray that all goes well with the application.  Pray that our application would be complete and that we would not have any snags.  Thank you so much for checking up on this process by reading this blog.  May God bless you!

In Christ,
Mark Pitts and Family