Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dear Praying Friends,
This has been a very busy month!  God has blown the doors off as we have been preparing to leave for the field.  He has provided a place to live in Australia, a vehicle, and now He has provided tickets!  We are leaving on February the 12th.  We will leave out of Champaign, IL. early in the morning with stops in Chicago and then Los Angles.  Our arrival date in Melbourne will be on Valentines Day because we lose a day traveling over the International Date Line.
Packing has commenced with the potential to have ten checked bags.  It will be the only things we will have until the shipping container arrives.  Speaking of shipping container, I received a call yesterday from our shipping company and he told me that if the east coast shuts down due to the union strike so will the west coast.  Well...that could be a problem for many people not just us.  We know the Lord is in control of this whole situation, and that He will meet our needs.  The packing date is February 7th around 11am CST.  Please pray that we can pack it well, and that the strike will be resolved so that our shipment can be made.
Recently I read this verse in my devotions, Psalm 31:14 "But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God."  There is still much to do, and many questions about what will happen.  My trust is in Jehovah God, the One who is in control.  Thank you for your prayers and taking the time to read this update.

In Christ,
Mark Pitts and Family